Thursday 20 July 2006

On Safari

The good news is that I've found a website via which I can submit a URL. It then processes the URL and renders an image of how that URL will look when viewed in a Safari web browser (this is the web browser that comes with the Apple Mac Operating System).

This means that I can get at least some sort of test for Safari without having to:
i) Go out and buy an Apple Mac.
ii) Ask a friend with an Apple Mac to take a look.
iii) Pop down the local Apple shop and spend an hour or so surfing the web whilst the sales assistants hover behind me.

The website is:
iCapture

The bad news is that when I submit Novelist Supermum's website the main content renders OK, but the Navigation Bar on the Right of the page is too small, with only the ends of the menu links showing.

I think that next I need to ensure that the CSS and HTML for the website is valid (I know that there's a few outstanding bugs) then try this again.

No comments: