Thursday 20 July 2006

On Safari 2

I do believe that I've managed to knock up a version of Novelist Supermum's website which will be viewable via Safari (as well as IE, Firefox, Opera and Netscape)

The cool thing is (cool for nurdy computer geekheads that is) is that
i) All I had to do was change the CSS file - which is the whole point of using CSS in the first place
ii) I'm now using the content-box model rather than the border-box model, as per the W3C standard, and forcing IE to use this. I'm happier with forcing IE to fit the W3C standards, rather than forcing all other browsers to fit in with IE.

I've done a limited test for Safari compatibility using the iCapture website.
Novelist Supermum is going to ask her web-pal-with-a-mac (which sounds like the sort of person that you wouldn't want to meet in an internet chatroom) to surf around the site and see how it looks.

No comments: