Monday 21 August 2006

Revenge of the Sith

Saturday night was DIY night, which this week involved swapping the cabinet that the fish tank is standing on for another taller cabinet. Discovered that the fish were too fat to all fit in their holding tank. Novelist Supermum describes
the moving of the fat fish in her blog.

The hobbits spent the night at Grandma Gandalf's, where apparently they watched "I Robot". Frodo is now leaping around doing "jumping robot" impressions.

Sunday was another sports party for Frodo. This time the kids got their first taste of indoor hockey. Much high swinging of the sticks, but fortunately no injuries. I think that Frodo must have tried this before at his Holiday Activity Centre, since he seemed to know how to hold the stick to hit the ball (and also how to balance the stick in his hand).

We walked to the party, and just missed a bus on the way back, which meant that I had to carry Frodo home on by shoulders for almost a mile.

Borrowed "Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" from Grandma Gandalf and watched it on Sunday night. As expected I was as disappointed with this as I was with episodes I and II. I've got a leaflet from the cinema when I first saw episode IV (1977 I think) explaining that Obi Wan chucked Darth Vader into a Volcano - so that went as expected. I guess that's what the problem is, no surprises. You know what's going to happen, you've spotted in Episode I that the actor who plays the Chancellor is the same one who played the emperor in the earlier trilogy, and you know that Anakin Skywalker is going to turn to the Dark Side - just a matter of when and how. You also find yourself rooting for the bad guys all the way, since they're more fun than the Jedi Council, and have better theme tunes.

3 comments:

Kim Knox said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim Knox said...

*cough* you borrowed Part Three from Grandma *Gandalf*

Grandma Saruman is caravaning around Mordor, remember??

darkdwarf said...

Woops! Mixing up my Mages again.
Corrected.