Tuesday 15 August 2006

Busy

Yes I'm into the second week of my new position (DBA) at work, and I've been given stuff to do i.e. backing up an environment and patching it ready for integration testing - therefore no time to blog on Monday.

2 pieces of good news today.

The first is that the new position will result in me obtaining a company mobile phone again (my last one was taken off me when I stepped down from what was effectively a helpdesk manager role).

Upsides and downsides to having one of these I know from past experience i.e. they expect you to use it for work as well, and to be able to contact you on it :-)

The other good news is that I'm allowed a day away from the office every now and again to concentrate on uninterrupted studies in order to acquire essential skills for the job. So I'll be working from home on Thursday.
Not sure how frequent this will be, as it seems to be on an informal trial basis at the moment, but it could be at least once a month.

No comments: