Tuesday 20 June 2006

Mirror Mirror 3...

I reported the incident at my local police station, which is only a stones throw from our house. Hopefully it wasn't the police who were throwing stones!
The copper on the desk took the details, asked a few questions, then asked if I needed a crime number.
I decided to say yes, to ensure that the incident was logged. If crime's aren't recorded then there are no stats, and stats is what they base the number of bobby's on the beat required etc.
He told me that the computer was down and he would call back in half an hour or so with the crime number.
3 days later Novelist Supermum get's a call from another Plod, asking much the same questions and in addition "are you sure it wasn't another car?".
Only if the other car was driving up the pavement at the time! It was the passenger side mirror and I was parked against the kerb.
I suspect that they don't want to do the paperwork...

No comments: