Sunday 18 June 2006

Fathers Day

In work at 07:00 AM today. Double time, hence the brevity of this blog.

Looking out of the window I see that a bunch of yachters have got up early too - there's a bit of an early morning regatta out on the Mersey today. I wonder if the Mersey River festival is on again soon? No wrong, Googled "Mersey River Festival" 2006 and discovered that was last weekend - must be some hangers on, or another event.

Father's Day today, which probably means that I've got to spend some quality time with Frodo and Samwise. (Strange that Mother's day usually means the same? I'm don't think I'm getting the right deal here).

I haven't asked for a pressie - 1) Because they're meagre pocket money won't stretch to it and 2) Because Novelist Supermum splashed out far too much money on my Birthday Pressie in May.

Samwise's turn for swimming later. Frodo will have to make do with the shops, as I can only take one at a time to the pool - his turn next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason I get the urge to think of 'yachters' and 'regatta' as euphimisms for some deviant lifestyle. It's good to see that Liverpool supports minorities by holding a festival for them. Have a good Father's Day!

darkdwarf said...

I wonder what you'd make of the big cruise liners that occasionally dock here, when all of the "cruisers" get off? fnarr fnarr :-)