Thursday 22 June 2006

DBA Interview 2

Thanks for the well wishes from Dr Denzil Dexter.
As for Novelist Supermum - I was somebody else today. Turning up for work in a suit rather than the usual shirt, tie, trousers and coat resulted in about 7 "what's the occasion" comments, so I can't have been my normal self.

Interview all done and dusted by 12 noon.
I was given a 3 person grilling by 2 managers and a DBA, all of whom already know me (so that's probably a point against me).

They waived the technical test! All that swotting gone to waste - I've just pulled the knowledge retention plug on my brain - there it goes, forgotten already. I suspect this could have been because they'd been lazy and were still using last years technical test - which I did quite well on.

Think I told them what they wanted to hear. Will just have to wait and see....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being in Liverpool and seeing you in a suit your colleagues probably thought you were up in court (ha ha ha, the old ones are the best etc etc etc) ahem, anyway, sorry about that I couldn't help myself.

When do you find out the result?

darkdwarf said...

*Sigh*

The sad irony is that the "Thieving Scouser" jokes were probably started by folk from Manchester, where statistically there's more crime.

Dunno when I find out the results. Had a spot of positive feedback unofficially from one of the interviewers. Two of them are on holiday next week, so I might have to wait a week.

Kim Knox said...

*glowering*