Tuesday 27 June 2006

Burned Out

Novelist Supermum called me at work yesterday afternoon suffering from general knackeredness following a disease contracted from a Halfling, and unable to face the Hobbit Harrassment of the early evening asked me to come home early - i.e. on time.

Helped feed Frodo and Samwise, put them to bed then fell asleep on a very comfy couch until 22:00. Took about an hour to wake up - then it was time for bed!

I think I needed the extra rest, as I've been overdoing it on the overtime - feel very refreshed this morning, fit and ready for blogging ;-)
I've just handed in this month's claim form, so They'll probably pull the plug on the "ovies" soon, when they see how much of the project budget has been apportioned to me.

An ex-colleague, who I shall refer to as "Shrek" also called me yesterday. Shrek went off contracting a couple of years ago and has had 3 North West contracts since. One was a real money spinner, 3 office buildngs away from the Assassination Bureau, until the company realised they were in the red, and booted all of the contractors off site on the same day. He's worked for a couple of small outfits since, and is now with a Music/Muzak distributor in sunny Warrington. Swapped gossip on various colleagues and ex-colleagues. Nice to hear that there's life after the Assassination Bureau, and that the grass is not necessarily greener in pastures new.

No comments: