Thursday 14 June 2007

DarkDwarf Blog - 1st Anniversary

I started this blog a year ago today.

Surprised myself by managing to keep on blogging for a whole year. Admittedly the frequency of the posts has dwindled to two or three a week, rather than the enthusiastic daily posting of the early days.


Fairly mundane stuff that will NEVER be as good as this inspired website/blog/business/international social relationship and network enhancing tool by Padge. So why will I carry on blogging?

1) Gives me an opportunity to let off steam and rant at the world.
2) Helps me keep in touch with people. Lets friends and family know what's going on in my life. As well as the few people who regularly read my posts (cha0tic,impworks and Novelist Supermum, where did DrDenzilDexter go?) it's a handy way of composing a reply when I get a "Hi there, long time no hear from you" email - I can point them to a few sections of the blog.
3) It's a break from work.

My first post was about a submarine that I'd spotted going past the office window.

Selected highlights of the year:
The demise of the Goldfish
Frodo reads his first book
Trip to Rome
A week in Wales
Various DIY triumphs and disasters. (Incredibly somebody followed instructions from my blog for their own household wiring!)
Typical Morning
DarkDwarf DBA

To quote Rik Mayall "That's the wacky sort of person I am..."
Ah well, anything for a sad life..

And to all of you lurkers out there (you know who you are) - "POST SOME COMMENTS!".

Let's see if I can keep this up for another year...

3 comments:

cha0tic said...

Dr Dexter is alive & well & living in the North East now.

darkdwarf said...

Yes - I know of his physical location. Just not seen anything of him in the blogosphere for a while.

impwork said...

Happy 1 year blog anniversary :-)