Wednesday 20 June 2007

Going Banana's by Thursday.

In a bid to be a little less lardy I've embarked on a diet.

"I have been a dieter for three days"...

The driving reason is that there's a family wedding coming up in a couple of weeks - and I'd rather not have to buy a new suit. Although I'm not exactly fat, I'm not as thin as I once was - and my weight is creeping up a bit.

The diet (courtesy of Novelist Supermum) is:

Eat as much as you like (or as can bear) of the following.
Monday - Fruit
Tuesday - Vegetables - with potato
Wednesday - Fruit and Vegetables - no potato
Thursday - Banana's and Milk
Friday - Meat Meat Meat!
Saturday - Brown Rice and Meat - no veg (I think) I can't quite remember if this is right, and what your mean't to have on Sunday (Brown Rice and Veg?) - but by then I'll probably have completely lost the plot by then and will have cheated.

Drinks are water and fruit juice.

I've tried this before and by the end of the week I'd lost a fair bit of weight and felt better for it. Having said that there's no way I could manage a second week, particularly when I got to the Brown Rice days.

So the following week I will switch to the 'cornflake' diet.
i.e. every day.
3 meals a day. One a normal, sensible, meal of whatever you like. The other two meals are replaced by a bowl of breakfast cereal.

My resolution is that once I've reached the weight I want to be, and feel thin enough (or once I give in) then I'll try to be bit less greedy in future.
No more multiple trips to the machine that dispenses Mars Bars at work. (No comments about just sending somebody else for me please!)

No comments: