Wednesday 17 January 2007

Cars that turn into Aeroplanes

A discussion at work about whether or not anybody had really invented a car that turns into an aeroplane resulted in me Googling up the moller skycar website.

Much debate about whether or not this thing is real. We expect that the concept is real, and they're trying to get investment. However take a close look at some of the "vertical takeoff" video's. Is that a wire I see above the skycar?

Even if it does work, and you can afford one, you'll still need a pilot's license to fly it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PAH! Some of those were blatant CGI. It's the 21st Century & I still haven't got my hoverboard & I still haven't got my silver suit. There are no flying cars.

Don't even think about linking that rubbish hoverboard that you linked last time I complained about the crapness of the 21st Century

darkdwarf said...

"The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet."
William Gibson

Anonymous said...

I did an entry 'Shopping jaunts' on Friday, 12 January that mentioned 'flying cars'!

darkdwarf said...

Thanks flighty. Looks like people have been developing flying cars on and off over the years.

I don't think that I'll be getting an Ave Mizar, since it crashed killing the developer!