Friday 18 May 2007

Spider Man 3

Food at Tso's (all you can eat Chinese Buffet) followed by Spiderman 3 at the FACT Cinema last night.

Our decision not to take Frodo to see this was right (the rating is 12A) - too violent and scary for a 5 year old - (although nothing I think that the average 8 to 10 year old couldn't handle). So I guess that his first cinema experience is likely to be Shrek 3 when that comes out.

Enjoyed Spiderman 3 on the whole. We weren't too close to the screen, but I found my head darting about trying to follow the rapid action scenes.

There were a lot of shaking camera "steadicam" effects - perhaps to help hide the CGI.

Some critics had complained that there were too many villains. I didn't think so. The only downside was that it took a while for "Venom" to fully appear, which was fairly quickly followed by his demise.

I did think that they could have cut back on the slushy scenes - far too many of them and too long for most people's liking.

Also Mary Jane - is she fickle or what? The super_geeky PP should dump her and go for the skinny foreign girl who lives across the corridor - she's much more his type.

There were a few laughable plot events - the sort of corny coincidences that you'd expect from a comic.
I give it a 7 out of 10