Saturday 9 December 2006

Proof of the Existence of God

The Gods of Booze were favouring me last night.

I got out of the taxi from my Xmas do, and whilst walking past the local restaurants I discovered a full, unopened bottle of Shiraz that somebody had left on the pavement.

This sort of thing has happened to me at least twice before.

Once on a very, very hot day, whilst traversing the Pennine Way an unopened bottle of coca-cola appeared in the middle of the path.

On another occasion a housemate reported that he'd seen a full bottle of whiskey in the phonebox. (He didn't touch it due to having his stomach pumped as a child from consuming a large amount of the water of life). Cha0tic and myself legged it to the phonebox to retrieve it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always wondered why he didn't bring the bottle back & say "Oooh look what I found, does anyone want it?"
Rather than coming back to the house & telling us there was free whisky in the phone box & we had to go out & collect it.

(Yes these diamond shoes are too tight)