Friday 8 December 2006

Office Party

Office "Party" tomorrow. A meal at the Pan-American bar in the Albert Dock, followed by a visit to the Comedy Club in the basement of "Blue" just across the way.

I'll probably heading back after that, rather than trawling various Dance Bars with the die-hards to end up with "Flanagan's and Flares to pick up a one-eyed hunchback." - as one of our contractors described the end of a typical Liverpool night out a couple of years ago.

Come to think of it, I've only ever been to one Offic Party that was actually held in the office - That was a really good one held on Xmas Eve when I was doing the industrial year of my Sandwich Course.

Reason being that I've got to take Frodo to a Sports Party on Saturday afternoon.

Following the sports I'm carrying out my first major production code release at work, so I'm in for a 7 hour stint.

In addition, we have our first ever web-enabled system going online on Sunday, so I'm in again at 10 am for 3 or 4 hours to switch this on and support the user acceptance tests.

All of this overtime of course will help to pay Santa's bill when he comes round with some threatening elves in January.

Speaking of Santa, we took Samwise to Alder Hey hospital for a 6 monthly checkup and saw Father Christmas visit the hospital in an RAF Helicopter. (Perhaps his reindeer are on strike).

No comments: