Sunday 11 November 2007

Remembrance Sunday

I thought that for today's entry on my blog I would mark this day by pointing you to the lyrics of a song called The Remembrance by Jake Thackray

(I bought an album of his in 1987, with this song on it, amongst others. I still enjoy this record today.
More on Jake Thackray in Wikipedia)

Took the Hobbits to the up to the park for a bike ride in the pouring rain this morning. Stopped to listen whilst the minutes silence was going on - a little bit uncanny to hear in the rain, although the boys didn't last more than 30 seconds before making a noise.

We were too far away to hear the last post playing anywhere.

Later on I noticed a number of members of para-military youth organisations (aka brownies, cubs, scouts and guides), who must have been to a parade earlier, and were now out in uniform at the shops

No comments: