Wednesday 18 October 2006

Tyred

I appear to have been driving on a rather smooth tyre on one of my front wheels for the past few hundred miles.
(Which may explain a slight skid whilst leaving a very wet car park last week).

Shopped around the usual tyre centres, and the cost of buying and fitting it seemed to be coming in at about 80 to 90 quid.

Then I remembered my good old local cash and carry - Costco. 58 quid.

For some 'Michelin' reason they swapped the rear tyre to the front, and put the new one on the rear. They didn't replace the wheel trims though, and I had to put them back on myself (maybe this is the 30 quids worth of work that the others charge for?). I was told that this was to remind me to check that the wheel nuts are still tight after 25 miles.

Costco won't do a wheel alignment or "tracking" adjustment though, which I think is needed given the pattern of wear, and only on one tyre. All they do is fit tyres. I'll have to get this done elsewhere.

No comments: