Friday 21 December 2007

Night Flight

I'm a bit knackered this morning.

Yesterday morning I spotted one of the neighbours looking at a sign that had been tied to a signpost at the entrance to the street. He was taking a few notes.

I took a look at it myself last night. It's a planning notice to implement some parking restrictions at the entrance to our street. A good idea in terms of road safety at the corners of the road junctions, but they seem to want to extend the restriction a little too far up the street (in my opinion).

So I was up late last night emailing the council with my views.

I've had a few late nights recently. I ended up posting my Xmas cards at about 00:30 on Monday night/Tuesday morning. As I was walking back home I spotted a blue light on the pavement, and a peculiar buzzing sound.

On the pavement in front of me was what appeared to be a piece of Alien Technology. On closer examination it turned out to be a miniateure helicopter, that was having trouble taking off.

I picked it up, then it dawned on me that it was probably being operated by remote control. I looked all around but couldn't see anyone. I then looked up to the flats above. Nobody at first, then one of the chaps from the Indian Restaurant poked his head out of the window of the flat above.

It turned out that on attempting to fly the helicopter out of the window, he had discovered the limited range of the controller, and it had immediately plummeted to the ground. I tried to launch it upwards for him, and back into range, but no joy.

"Piece of shit!, Thanks mate!". I left it outside the door to his flat for him to collect.

No comments: