Sunday 23 December 2007

Neighbours Party

One of the neighbours regularly throws a party just before Xmas, and invites most of the street. I went round with the boys at about 17:30, and didn't leave until 22:30.

Two very tired little boys last night. They had a great time with the other kids that were there. 3 boys were defending a bunk bed whilst 5 or 6 others assaulted it from below. Weapons employed were plastic swords, battle axes, a light sabre and several long cardboard tubes.

I spent my time gassing with the neighbours about the recent parking restriction notice. I also found myself informing them that the sounds of demolition they'd been hearing recently was the concrete being broken up in our back yard.
"Was that YOUR skip?" - must have been an irate car parker - it was only there for a day!

Two young ladies treated everyone to a violin recital - Samwise sat right in front of them to listen. Frodo didn't bother as he had discovered a video game upstairs.

Food was great - several vats of different types of curry had been prepared. I managed to catch one from toppling off the stove before it went over a tiny child's head!

Got into trouble when I got back for keeping the boys up too late. Lie in this morning made a pleasant change.

No comments: