Tuesday 13 May 2008

Back Online

3 Week Outage!

I've lost count of the daily phone calls to Orange with them saying that the line should be OK, but with no internet connection at our end.

Eventually they agreed to send an engineer round to our house. He was due this afternoon. Mysteriously at 6am our internet connection came back!

I called Tech Support around 9am and asked them to update the case with this information. They said that the engineer would call anyway.

I called again at 10am to check that the case had been updated. No it hadn't. The engineer is coming at no charge... I insisted that they still update the case (getting paranoid here, but I didn't trust them not to claim that the chap fixed it our end when he turns up).

The engineer came at 3 or 4pm. He told Novelist Supermum that our setup was perfectly OK and that somebody had definitely fixed something at the exchange - but he wasn't allowed to say who or what.

I'm now too busy composing my letter of complaint to Orange Customer Services to be able to blog further.

1 comment:

cha0tic said...

It's tales like this that have made me wary of changing ISP. I want to dump Virgin though because of this new story.