Saturday 21 July 2007

A Couple of Days off Sick

Turned out to be a short week at work this week, since on Tuesday afternoon I felt some flu-like symptoms coming on. Felt really queasy as I set off for home. Called the boss to tell him that I wouldn't be in the next day. Drove carefully home. Walked in the door, threw up. Rang one of my colleagues to get him to cover my early shift. Cleaned up and went to bed.
Still a bit rough on Wednesday, and recovering on Thursday, so I didn't get back to work until Friday.
Still feeling pretty lethargic this weekend (what's new). Have begun to tidy the house but not get very far. My illness could have been due to a severe housework allergy reaction since I cleaned the bathroom on Monday night (although it's more likely to be something I caught off the kids - I should inform the military about their ability to regularly create personnel disabling germs.

No comments: