Saturday 28 May 2011

Graceful Reflection



This is the shot of the Port of Liverpool building reflected by the new Mann Island development that I entered in the Look 2011 Photography Festival 'Capture the City' competition.
It isn't one of the winners. It's currently on exhibition along with the 369 other entries in an outdoor gallery on Thomas Steers Way in the Liverpool One shopping centre. I took a look on Friday and saw that 7 other people had taken a shot of the same reflection (although none had used this view).
There's a very remote chance of a further prize in the people's selection - but only if a host of people vote for image number 217 - which you have to do in person at the Liverpool One information centre. I must admit that although there are some photos that I don't think are as good as mine, there are many that are far better - there's a shot of a woman in giant curlers that I think should have won.
At least I can say that I've had the first public gallery exhibition of my work!

No comments: