Saturday 2 April 2011

Spring In The City



Did a photography workshop, which was run by a professional photographer at Liverpool University last Saturday. These photos are some of my better results. The morning was spent learning some basic techniques, and in the afternoon we put them into practice, followed by a review of the photos taken.

A group of 15 of us wandered around the University grounds, Abercrombie Square and the grounds of the Catholic Cathedral, shooting at anything and everything of interest. We surprised a few people who were turning into a nearby car park, when they had to drive through a horde of photographers. At one point we came across a bunch of skateboarders who kindly did a few stunts for the action photographers (I wasn't fast enough to catch them - so I took a group photo).

The workshop is run through the Adult Education service - there's another one in Autumn - and is well worth doing if, like me, your taking your first steps with a DSLR camera.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you walking around my old stomping ground taking photos... did you see the ghosts of me, Padge and Robba??
Nice pics nevertheless :-)

darkdwarf said...

Cheers Dave. Didn't spot any spectres with mullets ;-) , but I did think of you as we went past the Guild of Students - the entrance looks much the same as it did in 1985.