Monday 17 March 2008

St Patrick's Day

I've just been shopping on my lunchbreak and found that the middle of town is already filled with oversize leprechauns who have donned green hats and fake beards in the name of the patron saint of the country who used to supply us with builders and labourers.
This is going to have to change soon - who is the patron saint of Poland? :)

I'm getting lazy in this age of technology. Sent Birthday greetings by text to a couple of different pals, mainly because the date crept up on me before I could even think about sending a card. Ended up having a textual chit-chat with one of them, so it was worth it, for a little bit of not being a stranger and keeping in touch.

My boss is fleeing the country an a couple of weeks, and emigrating to Dubai. He threw a leaving bash for family, friends and a few work colleagues yesterday afternoon. We went along for a couple of hours, and quite enjoyed ourselves. Possibly because our two kiddywinkies were at their Grandma's, so we could actually spend some time chatting, rather than chasing them around the room, and preventing their antics.

The boys are off school for the Easter hols. I've just been told that I left my hosepipe out in the back garden. They've found it, and have been playing "Fireman Sam", so they've drenched each other through. I'm on the late shift this week, so I'm hoping to take them for a couple of early morning swimming sessions, to try and expend their energies a little.

2 comments:

impwork said...

Wikipedia says Saint Casimir who has a feast on 4th March.

darkdwarf said...

The saints days are pretty close to each other - so perhaps we wouldn't notice much difference after all.