Wednesday 11 April 2007

Car Park Nazi

Swiping my car park pass into the machine this morning I got a "Ticket Blocked" message. Pressed the button to speak to the Car Park attendant who told me that my company hadn't paid the bill, and could I please leave the car park.

Spotted the boss on my way out, who told me to park in a nearby NCP for the day, and claim the fee back on expenses.

It turned out that the fault lay with the jobsworth who had decided to bar us from the car park until the bill was paid. He'd sent the invoice to a different part of our company - somewhere in Blackburn, rather than the office building opposite the car park, thus delaying the processing of the payment. He's been doing this every 3 months - despite repeated requests for him not to do so.
Looks like today he finally snapped.

So did our area head, who also found himself locked out of the car park. He's sending a stern letter or two to the directors of the car park company.

I've just had a text to say that we should be OK tomorrow. Maybe I should go green and get the bus.

No comments: