Wednesday 22 November 2006

New Moby

I've been given a company mobile again.

"Free" calls again, hooray! - Actually not quite free, the payment is that they expect to be able to get hold of me any time of the day or night.

Comes with a set of cheesy polyphonic ringtones. Tried to download something that suits me a little more but discovered that they've blocked most of the popular download places.

Most of the so-called "Rock" tones sound like Jan Hammer covering Heavy Metal hits on a Bontempi organ, anyway.

I did come across a rather amusing instrumental version of Motorhead's "Ace of Spades", which sounds like it's being covered by a keyboard based Bluegrass band.

I'll make that one my main tone, if I can get hold of it.

2 comments:

darkdwarf said...

It's a Nokia 6030

My company has the attitude that it doesn't make profits by spending money :-)

You can make phone calls with it and send text.

It's got a built in FM radio - but I think that's pretty standard these days.

No cables supplied, other than a charger and earpiece.

Today I tried to send a ringtone from a website to the phone, rather than dialling a download number. I recieved a "Service Message" which I had to reply to, but then I got some sort of "Packet Error".

Tried fiddling with phone settings but no joy.

Oh well Coconut.mid it will have to be then. (A laid back calypso tune).

darkdwarf said...

Strange? the link in the message above was supposed to be to Nokia Europe, and came back with Nokia India. Same phone though.