Sunday 1 April 2012

Mike Fryer. Memorial Tree. Springtime.

Daffodils Beneath TreesView Down LaneBuds on TreeTwo TreesPlaque and Evidence of BirdsTree in the Lane
Rear View of TreeBuds on Tree - CloseupBuds Against SkyDaffodils Between Trees.Daffodils - CloseupDaffodils - Closeup 2
DaffodilsDaffodils - Mikes ShotAnother View Down LaneClock House Clock

Springtime! Drove down to Keele last Sunday to take a few photos of the tree that we planted last year in memory of Mike.
I parked at the clock house, and strolled down the lane to the tree.
I knew it might be tricky to get the timing exactly right on this one - looks like a number of the daffodils that the children planted around the base of the tree have grown.
They probably flowered a few weeks earlier in late February / early March, but not to worry as there's hundreds of other daffodils growing in the lane by late March.
Mike arranged the weather for me - it was a glorious sunny day to take a few photographs in this peaceful spot.
My finger slipped on the trigger at one point, and when I looked there was a great shot of daffodils - so I put that one down to Mike :)
Lots of signs of life on and around the tree, buds are growing, cobwebs shining in the sun and evidence of birds on the tree and plaque (which I decided not to clean as the birds seem to like to perch there).
A few couples passed by, out for a Sunday stroll, and a number of people walking their dogs.
Chatted with a lady who asked me about the photos I was taking, so I told her about Mike and the tree.
She said that was a nice thing to do, and was thinking about planting a tree nearby for a friend of hers.
A couple of last photos of the lane and clock house clock, passing students enjoying the sunshine.
A few hours well spent. I'll share the photos with Mike's family and friends.

No comments: