Tuesday 5 July 2011

Nottingham Trip

I've just spent 2 days in Nottingham - courtesy of work. I was sent down there to do help out with a resource shortage on a major project.
The hire car I was given had enough gadgetry in it to make Michael Knight envious. TFT display dashboard, in built Sat Nav, Bluetooth, USB port, a jack socket for my i-pod, text message display, pushbutton ignition, electronic parking brake, oil slick, ejector seat, machine guns etc.
Had to spend some time programming and configuring the Tech before I could think about driving away. The first thing the car did after pushing the button to start the engine, was to display a warning telling you not to get distracted and drive carefully!
I got to stay in the Crowne Plaza in the city centre - some fun and games negotiating the one way system to find this - even with a Sat Nav. Google Street View had proved useful the night before in helping me to recognise the location.
They gave me a room with a view - it overlooked the entrance to the Rock City nightclub, which explained the supply of courtesy earplugs and courtesy homeopathic sleep remedies. Fortunately it doesn't appear to be open on a Monday night.
Took the opportunity to visit some Old Friends, who treated me to tasty home cooked Tapas. Their younger daughter bakes a scrumptious chunky choc chip bun. Mmmmm! It was great to see them again, and have a guided tour of their new home/building project.

No comments: