Wednesday 5 January 2011

My Portable HiFi

My igrado headphones developed a break in the wiring after about 2 years of use, so I've recently recabled them using these instructions as a guide.

Took the opportunity to take some photos of my current portable HiFi rig.
"Phenomenal cosmic sound in an itty-bitty living space!" :)



Kit List: igrado headphones (recabled). Graham Slee Voyager Portable Headphone Amplifier. Apple iPod Classic 120G housed in a clear fronted plastic case whose brand I've forgotten. Sendstation Pocket Dock AV. Audio Elevation i-lead. Berghaus E-case (large).

My choice of the iPod Classic is because it has the capacity to store digitised music in a lossless format. I tend to buy CD's and rip them up to the iPod in Apple Lossless format, rather than downloading those lossy MP3 thingummies.



Velcro sticky "coins" are used to fix the ipod onto the top of the headphone amp. These then both fit snugly into the Berghaus E-case (although I did have to snip out the elasticated securing band that's inside the case, as it wasn't needed, and was getting in the way).



The Berghaus E-case has belt loops and/or a buckle to fix it to your belt. The size is about that of an '80's Sony Walkman.



I just wear the headphones around my neck when not in use, although they do fit nicely onto the E-case.



The E-case also has a built in waterproof cover that can be pulled out and stretched over everything to create a package that can be packed neatly away.

No comments: