Monday 20 December 2010

Lights Out

Went out to finish off the Christmas food shopping tonight and spotted a car parked on our street with it's headlights on. 2 hours later when I came back it's lights were still on - that battery wasn't going to last long in subzero temperatures. I didn't recognise it as being one of the neighbours cars, so I tried the flat over the road - not theirs either.
The next door neighbour reckoned the car probably belonged to somebody at one of the restaurants we live near to. I tried the Indian restaurant first - only 4 couples dining in there, so a quick word with the owner and he checked around the customers - didn't belong to anyone in there.
The Thai restaurant next door immediately recognised my description of the car - it belonged to the Chef - so good deed done.
We've got a table booked in the Thai restaurant in a couple of weeks time - the manager of the restaurant said that he'd look out for us.

No comments: