Monday 19 July 2010

I Love My Job :-P

On the late shift at work last week and on call. Got called back in on Friday after I left at 10pm, got home at midnight. Saturday morning the phone went at 6am (false alarm) and then again at 9:30 am (another false alarm). Saturday night I had to be in for a release at 5pm, hoping to be out by 10pm, got home at midnight again! Sunday in at 8am hoping to be out at 7pm or later. Escaped at 7:30pm but had to go back in again later for another hour. What a weekend!

I don't do it for the money, I do it for the fun. (The more money I get, the more fun I can have).

Luckily I've got 3 days off. The plan was to do some decorating, but this morning I was having a well deserved lie in, when the work phone went again. I didn't make it to the phone in time to find out who was calling - Private Number (all the landlines at work show as this). I suspect someone was trying to summon me to a meeting, not aware that I'm on leave.

Perhaps there's an easier job? I've been thinking whilst painting the bannisters - looking at the standard of my paintwork - probably not!

No comments: