Wednesday 5 August 2009

Work Hokey Cokey (in, out, in out...)

Late shift/on-call at work this week.
It's only Wednesday, and already I feel like I've been in for a fortnight.

Monday - finished at 18:30, back in for 20:00, phone rang half way there to tell me planned job had been cancelled, but I still needed to go back in to re-enable a backup.

Tuesday - finished at 18:30, back in at 20:00, job took 2.5 hours. Home at 23:00. Just about to go back to bed at midnight when the phone rang, called in for 2 hours to fix a problem.

Phone rang tonight at 21:00. Luckily this time just for info.

Roll on next week, when I get a couple of days off. Couple of family meet-ups with some old friends planned.

At least the kids are being entertained whilst I'm at work. Frodo and Samwise are both attending a Summer activity camp at a local P.E. college - they appear to be enjoying it. When they're not doing this it's either a cinema trip, or playing De Blob on the Wii.

No comments: