Sunday 10 May 2009

Star Trek

Just got back from seeing the new Star Trek film.

I won't put any spoilers here, for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, but what I will say is that I was expecting to be disappointed, and found it thoroughly enjoyable.

The writers and cast do a great job of breathing new life into old characters, whilst at the same time keeping them familiar. There's a fair amount of homage to the original series, which is fun to spot, but not enough to make the film just for Trekkies.

The special effects and sound effects are excellent - definitely one to see at the cinema.

My only quibble was that a couple of scenes are reminiscent of Galaxy Quest, but not enough to turn the film into a self parody.

Verdict: Thoroughly enjoyable, whether or not you're a Trekkie.

I see that impworks, who was with us, has also blogged a review

No comments: