Sunday 19 October 2008

Food Poisoning?

Fish chips and mushy peas from the local chippy on Friday night. Mmmm!

Fishcake for Novelist Supermum and Sausages for Frodo and Samwise. Samwise had some mushy peas too.

Samwise had a tummy ache in the middle of the night - but was OK otherwise.
I woke up at 3am and threw up. I then threw up again in the morning.

Spent all day Saturday not being able to eat much, sleeping on the couch and rehydrating myself with blackcurrant juice. Felt like I had the aches, headache and shivers of flu, but without the sneezing. Of course I was accused of having "Man Flu" :)

Novelist Supermum and Frodo were OK.

After sleeping all day, I slept all night too. Got up about 10:30 this morning and felt fine again.
Samwise was a little sick on Saturday night, but was fine again today.

So it looks like the mushy peas were the culprit.
Never had a problem with that chippy before, but I think it will be a while before I visit it again.

No comments: