Friday 7 September 2007

Double Dutch

Not much posting going on at the minute. Mainly because every time I access Blogger, or Google at work the display language defaults to Dutch.

An oppourtunity to learn a new language I suppose?

The workaround is to Login to Blogger (Aanmelden), access the Dashboard and look under my profile picture for

Edit Profile (or View)
My Account
Language

Or in Dutch -
Profiel bewerken (of Weergeven)
Mijn Account
Taal

Select Engels (Verenikgd Koninkrijk)- English (UK) from the Language List

Then carry on as normal.

This appears to work most of the time, although sometimes I switch to Dutch again by accident.

Apparently it's related to an automated language selection based on your ISP.

From what I've read on the Internet this isn't a foolproof method, particularly in countries that have dual based languages, or for people who are foreign to the country they are in.


The network at work is provided by Cable and Wireless. Perhaps there's a Dutch connection that I don't know about.

OK Post done. Time to Bericht Publiceren (Publish Post). Bericht means Post, Publiceren is obviously Publish. New Post is Nieuw Bericht. See I am learning :-)

No comments: